Sunday, July 12, 2009


Today is the hinge of the General Convention in my opinion. The hinge is our worship together as the Episcopal Church. I look forward to the liturgy, the visitors, the deputies, the procession of the bishops, and increasingly the sermon of the Presiding Bishop.

As a preacher, I have never heard a scripture about which I did not have thought for the sermon. I tend to rank others against what I would have done. With Bp. Katharine, I am regularly surprised, taken in a different direction, and blessed.

I will be a Communion Minister today. (Others from the Deputation will be doing this also.) My hope is that I am assigned to an area where I can see and hear well.

Your prayers are desired for the convention as we more clearly define ourselves and set our course. May we do so with Christian faith, love, and hope - and integrity.

--Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment